Car Rental at Dubai Airport Terminal 2
You’ve landed in Dubai International Airport at terminal 2, the home of Dubai's low cost and charter airlines. Now it's time for your rental car. Terminal 2 has fewer companies than the other two larger passenger complexes at Dubai Airport, but that doesn't limit your choices.
As an airport that prides itself on facilities, Dubai has made sure there's still a large fleet of cars at T2, from economy through to the extravagant luxury that this city is known for. All these rental services are available for it's customers just a click away.
Dubai Terminal 2 Car Rental Locations
As you proceed through the arrivals area, collected your baggage and cleared customs, you'll see AVIS, Future Car Rental and Dollar grouped together in a row. Budget is slightly further along and Thrifty is on the opposite side.
One of the great aspects of renting from this location is that there is no shuttle bus required so little waiting around just to get to the rental location.
- Choose the exact deal that suits you
- Cheapest available price and price match guarantee
- Flexibility with ALL companies and direct telephone support 24/7
- Last minute cancellations and changes to your reservations dealt with promptly and usually at no extra cost
- Greater security and better customer service
Keep Your Prices Low
- Book early
- Consider buying your own insurance rather than the car companies optional insurance
- Where possible avoid extras like GPS or child seats
- Compare all available rental cars at Terminal 2
What to Expect With Your Car Hire
What documentation do I need?
A valid drivers license from your country of residence and a valid International Driving Permit (IDP). Both must be issued to the same person and be handed over together when renting. You’ll also need your passport and an authorised credit card.
How old do I need to be?
Most car rental companies require a minimum age of 21 years but you may need to be 25 years to drive certain types of vehicles.
You can usually add an extra driver for a cost as long as he or she is old enough and has an International Drivers Permit and the correct documentation. If you choose to add full protection to your insurance, ensure they are covered as well.
We advise you opt for full Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) which is an added expense but it will reduce your liability if you have even a minor bump. If you don’t take it and have an accident you could be liable for up to up to ADH 5,000.
When booking your car, especially if you don't book direct, take the time to see what insurance is offered by the booking site you use. This insurance can usually offer excellent protection at a fraction of the cost that the rental company will try to offer you over the counter when you pick up your car.
There are also excellent insurance offers available online that enable you to take out additional insurance for you car rental.
Additional charges can include GPS, child seats fuel (if you opt to not return the car full), and roadside assistance. It's always worth considering if you can offset these, perhaps booking a car that has GPS built in, or providing your own child seat.
Rental Companies at Terminal 2
The following gives you an idea of the prices of four of the five car rental companies at Dubai Airport Terminal 2.
Note: this information is a snapshot of prices taken recently. The prices don't include exchange rates or credit card charges. Also these prices are directly from the company and may not include the best price available.
- AVIS: offers a compact car at AED 157 per day and a full size car at AED 320 per day.
- Dollar: offers a compact car at AED 120 per day and a full size car at AED 180 per day.
- Thrifty: offers a compact car at AED 130 per day and a full size car is approx AED 200 per day.
- Budget: offers a compact car at AED 171 per day and a full size car is approx AED 250 per day.
Questions and Answers about Car Rentals at Dubai Airport Terminal 2
When to book a rental car?
To ensure there is availability on the type of car you require and to take advantage of early bird deals it’s best to book online as soon as you know your dates.
How do I find the drop off location before departure?
Ask staff for directions to the drop off location before heading off and take note of the address or Googlemap it for future reference. If dropping off after hours, find out what’s involved.
If I rent a car from Dubai Airport Terminal 2 can I drop it off at Terminal 1 or Terminal 3?
Most car rental companies will give you the option of dropping the car off at a different location. This is an option you can pre-select with any good booking site or rental company. The prices will be built right in to the cost you see on the screen.
Should I rent directly from a company or through a comparison booking engine?
To get the cheapest rates, current deals and best service you should use a comparison booking engine. Here’s more information on why it definitely pays to use a middle man.
Read more tips at our blog - Car Rental Dubai Airport Terminal 2
Handy Tips to Consider When Renting a Hire Car in Dubai
- Return the car with the same amount of fuel or you’ll be charged fuel plus a service charge. Alternatively you can usually purchase a 'pre-paid' tank of fuel at the time you pick up the car so you can return it with as much or as little fuel as you like.
- If you have an accident you must notify police to get a police report, otherwise the rental company will charge you for the damage. This is particularly important throughout the United Arab Emirates. Even if you simply nudge a rock or a lamp post, take a picture of the car and the object and take it with you to the police. They will provide a report for you to take to the rental car company.
- The road rules are basically the same as most European or American countries but be sure to read the driving tips provided by the rental car companies in Dubai. Also take the time to look at a map and familiarise yourself with your potential driving routes.
- Always carry your drivers licence with you. Some countries don't require this, but it certainly is required in the UAE.
Best Hotel Deals
International Airports Guide | Home