Rent a Car Dubai Airport Terminal 3
Terminal 3 is the main terminal dedicated to Emirates flights, and is the largest and busiest terminal at Dubai airport. Like Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 it provides a range of services to make the arrival process as simple and painless as possible, and has excellent transport links. Being the largest terminal at Dubai Airport, Terminal 3 has a number of car rental companies at your disposal, as well as a good selection of vehicles.
Plan ahead and book car rental at Dubai Airport Terminal 3 online to get the best deal for your budget. Compare all the rental car companies in one go by using the search capabilities of RentalCars.com who provide excellent service and are a reputable booking agent.
Dubai Terminal 3 Car Rental Locations
The location of the car rental companies at Dubai Terminal 3 is in the arrivals parking area outside the terminal. Follow the signposts or just ask an airport staff member to point you in the right direction. There are desks for AVIS, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, National Car Rental and Thrifty.
Dubai Car Hire at Terminal 3 - What to Expect
What documentation is required?
Present a valid drivers license from your country of residence and a valid International Driving Permit (IDP) at the time of renting. Check that both are issued to the person who will be driving the car. Have your passport and an authorised credit card on hand.
What is the minimum age to drive a rental car?
Most car rental companies in Dubai ask that you’re a minimum of 21 years of age but for some types of vehicles you may need to be 25 years and over.
Can I add another driver?
Yes, additional drivers are usually permitted for a cost as long as he or she is the minimum age and can show an International Drivers Permit and any other required documentation.
Should I take insurance?
Yes, it’s advisable to take out a full Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) in the advent of an accident which could leave you liable for up to up to ADH 5,000. It is an extra cost but worth it for peace of mind.
Will there be additional charges?
Possibly, make sure you ask about airport parking fees, and if they are included in the price of the rental hire.
Compare Car Rental Companies at Terminal 3
The following gives you an idea of the direct prices of three of the six car rental companies at Dubai Airport Terminal 3. Compare these with the rates offered by a booking agent such as the one above. Don’t miss out on a great deal by being unorganised, if you know your dates then book your car hire now to take advantage of competitive pricing.
- AVIS at Dubai Terminal 3 offers a compact car at AED 157 per day and a full size car at AED 320 per day.
- Budget Car Rental at Dubai Terminal 3 offers a compact car at AED 171 per day and a full size car is approx AED 250 per day.
- Thrifty Car Rental at Dubai Terminal 3 offers a compact car at AED 130 per day and a full size car is approx AED 200 per day.
How Do I Get a Cheaper Rent a Car at Dubai Terminal 3?
It’s easy to get great rates for budget car rental at Dubai Terminal 3 if you book online using the search engine above. To secure you the best car rental discounts and save money, a reputable booking agent is definitely the way to go. You may even be able to get the following included in the price of your car rental deal: unlimited mileage, 24h road assistance and full insurance, don’t be afraid to ask!
Why booking online through an agent and not direct is better:
- Best deal available and cheapest available price.
- Flexibility with ALL car hire companies at Dubai Airport Terminal 3.
- Direct telephone support 24/7.
- Last minute cancellations and changes dealt with, usually at no extra cost.
- Greater security and better service.
Handy Tips on Renting a Car in Dubai
- Ensure you don’t get charged for fuel and services by returning the car with the same amount of fuel as when you left,
- A police report is essential if you have an accident, or else the rental company is likely to charge you for the damage,
- The car rental company should provide you with information on the road rules, so ask if they don’t. The rules are pretty much the same as most European or American countries but it pays to check.
Questions and Answers about Car Rentals at Dubai Airport Terminal 1
When should I book a rental car?
Book online as soon as possible if you know your dates of travel. This way you’ll get the best choice of vehicles and the cheapest online rates.
Where is the drop off location and how do I find out before departure?
Ask staff for information about the drop off location before you leave and take note of if, especially if you’re dropping off after hours.
If I rent a car from Dubai Airport Terminal 3 can I drop it off at Terminal 1 or Terminal 2?
Yes, this shouldn’t be a problem, most car rental companies have this option but check when you make your booking.
Is using a comparison booking engine better than renting directly from a company?
Yes, this way you’ll get the best rates and deals plus greater flexibility if you need to make changes to your booking. Here’s why it’s a good idea to use a middleman.
Best Hotel Deals
International Airports Guide | Home